Fail Festival – a celebration of failure as a mark of leadership, innovation, and risk-taking in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in scaling ideas from pilots to global programs.
Failure is the f-word of international development. Unspoken in polite company, but a reality in our work. We’re often in market failure environments, so who are we to expect success 100% of the time?
That’s why its time for Fail Festival 2015. We are on a mission to make failure acceptable in development discussions. There is great value in examining our mistakes and learning from failure as we go beyond the easy and the simple.
Join us for the 5th annual event, and expect much laughter as 300 of your peers and colleagues navel-gaze at where we have all gone wrong in international development… and learn how not to star in next year’s Fail Festival.
Fail Festival 2015 will be hosted by FHI360 on Thursday, December 10th, in Academy Hall. We will have an open bar and tasty nibbles to lubricate the conversation and celebrate the capstone ICT4Drinks event of the year.
Sign up now to attend – a ticket is mandatory for attendance.
Thursday, December 10th
FHI360 Academy Hall
1825 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20009.
- Ann Hudock, Senior VP, Plan International USA
- Patrick Fine, CEO, FHI 360
- Susan Davis, Executive Director, Improve International
- Jacob Korenblum, CEO, Souktel Digital Solutions
- Winston Carroo, Director, Agricultural Missions
- Nick Martin CEO, TechChange
- Karen Snyder, Director, Free the Slaves
- Piers Bocock, Chief of Party, USAID LEARN
- Tova Scherr, Independent Consultant
- Robert Salerno, Development Specialist, DAI
- 5:30-6:45pm – Open Bar Happy Hour
- 6:45-8:00pm – Fail Festival
- 8:00-8:30pm – Applause and Last Call