Failure is the f-word of international development. Unspoken in polite company, but a reality in our work. We are often working in failed states, in market failure environments, on some of the most intractable human issues – who are we to expect success 100% of the time?
So we must celebrate failure, and we did at Fail Festival SLUSH Impact – the crash and burn party for positive social and environmental impact initiatives.
This was the 1st Fail Festival in Finland, and part of a 5-year movement to talk honestly about failure in international development. Fail Festival SLUSH Impact was a celebration, complete with 60 roaring fans cheering on a bevy of development leaders and startup innovators giving fast, Fail-Slam lightning talks on how it all went wrong.
- Andy Xue, Surong360
- Antti Toivanen, Save the Children Finland
- Anu Juvonen, ex-Demo Finland, currently Ellun Kanat
- Aram Mugo, Sifasafi Solutions
- Jari Jaanto,Heimo Community, IRC-Galleria
- Mika Välitalo, Plan International Finland
- Salla Nazarenko, Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Wayan Vota, Kurante
Check out the awesome Fail Festival SLUSH Impact photos!