Fail Festival – a celebration of failure as a mark of leadership, innovation, and risk-taking in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in scaling ideas from pilots to global programs.
Failure is the f-word of international development. Unspoken in polite company, but a reality in our work. We’re often in market failure environments, so who are we to expect success 100% of the time?
That’s why its time for Fail Festival 2017. We are on a mission to make failure acceptable in development discussions. There is great value in examining our mistakes and learning from failure as we go beyond the easy and the simple.
Join us for the 7th annual event, and expect much laughter as 300 of your peers and colleagues navel-gaze at where we have all gone wrong in international development… and learn how not to star in next year’s Fail Festival.
Fail Festival 2017 will be hosted by the Digital Impact Alliance, Plan International, TechChange, and FHI 360 on Thursday, December 7th, in Academy Hall. We will have an open bar and tasty nibbles to lubricate the conversation and celebrate the capstone ICT4Drinks event of the year.
Sign up now to attend – a ticket is mandatory for attendance.
Thursday, December 7th
FHI 360 Academy Hall
1825 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20009.
Featured Presenters (so far!)
- Jacob Korenblum, Souktel Digital Solutions
- Tessie San Martin, Plan International USA
- Peter Benjamin, HealthEnabled
- Laura Walker McDonald, Social Impact Lab
- Imani Cheers, The George Washington University
- Nick Martin, TechChange
- Joan Parker, Counterpart International
- Robert Salerno, DAI
- DK Gurung, The Be Well Initiative
- Wayan Vota, Kurante
- And you? Apply now to present!
- 5:30-6:45pm – Open Bar Happy Hour
- 6:45-8:00pm – Fail Festival
- 8:00-8:30pm – Applause and Last Call